Twilight Movie Comments
Next time a movie is shown based on the book, they better stick to it! They should expect that almost all the moviegoers has definitely read the book. There are scenes not from the book, not like what’s on the book, and key events missing from the book. I enumerated some comments about the film. It is not not-wanting the film, I still liked the film but there are some ideas I have while & after watching the movie. And I will still watch it for several times if I have the budget. I think the baseball scene is the best of all parts of the movie. The glass house is very beautiful & the hanged togas on the wall are funny.
1. The Blacks – Bella meeting Jacob should be at the La Push trip. Billy, after the La Push trip. Not when Bella arrived at Forks.
2. Race – Eric is Asian & Tyler is Black. I am not against any race it’s just that I didn’t expect them that to be.
3. Seeing the Cullens – The Cullen’s came from outside the cafeteria. They should be already siting at the cafeteria when Bella arrived.
4. Other friends – Lauren isn’t around so was Ben.
5. Slippery ride – The car accident supposed to happen before the start of class not after.
6. Nausea with blood – The blood-testing, classroom setting is missing. I am waiting for the scene instead they gave up plants.
7. Compost pits – There is no botany trip on the book, nor the Cullens riding on a school bus.
8. Kisses everywhere – Tyler kissing Bella on the cheeks in the cafeteria. No one besides Edward & Jacob kissed Bella on the books.
9. Technology upgrades – Bella has no cellphone & her computer should be ancient – not a Mac book.
10. First meeting – Bella meets Alice at school, not at the Cullens’ home. Though I can’t remember how others met Bella.
11. Quileute history – No such book is dedicated for the Quileutes that you can buy on a specialty book store. And Bella, didn’t find anything on the book store at Port Angeles.
12. Special place – The meadow scene is just near the school. Which is awkward. They just walked from the school to their ‘special’ meadow.
13. Unusual prom – Jacob popped out at the prom scene outside the dancefloor when Edward goes away for a while, and before Edward & Bella danced. On the books, Edward even let Jacob & Bella talk at each other because Edward heard what’s on their minds. Billy isn’t there.
14. Refreshments – Edward ordered Coke. Period.
15. Runaway girlfriend – I waited for scenes how Bella ran away from Jasper & Alice in the airport & scenes where Bella & Edward is longing for each other over the phone. Nothing happened.
16. Killer Alice – I thought it was Emmett & Jasper who killed James but Alice is the one who broke James’ neck.
17. Fashionable Victoria – Victoria hides around the corner wearing a gown when Edward & Bella is dancing at the prom, which I also can’t remember from the book. On other scenes, Victoria wears a green top over a fur coat bearing a print I found weird for a vampire to wear.
18. Charlie’s unknown friend – A friend of Charlie’s was killed by Laurent’s group during a fishing trip. The only friend of Charlie that was killed is Harry Clearwater on the 3rd book.
19. Eating out – Bella cooks at their home because Charlie’s cooking is not quite edible – on the book. Bella eats hamburger, fries & fixins & Charlie eats salad – on the movie.
20. Short cameo – The author Stephenie Meyer made a short cameo role on the movie, eating on a restaurant where Charlie & Bella eats also.
I have no big complaints with the movie. The movie was nice to watch. It’s what readers should expect when watching a book-based movie. I still recommend it to everyone. Every people will appreciate the movie, readers or not. Peace out!